Saturday, August 02, 2008

Resistance Was Futile

Howdy Comrades!

Although I absolutely have no time to play with my new toy, I failed to resist opening the KNFB Mobile Reader.  Damnation!  It is just too cool to ignore it while I slave away at my unpaid work as a social activist.  I chose Mobile Speak to make it talk because I'd heard that Nuance Talks gets a little unstable while using the GPS and map functions.  Moreover, I really like the way Code Factory does business.  Blind Christian uses the Windows version of Mobile Speak, and if Chris likes a program, it's got to be good.  I've found that the Mobile Reader seems to do a better job at reading my documents than the KNFB Classic.  The controls are more intuitive, although the tiny little buttons take some getting used to.  My only gripe thus far is that the door for the SIM card is strange, requiring an up and down action to close it properly.  I have not seen this in other cell phones. 

I could go on at some length, but I will do so at a more propitious time.  On Monday, I will be meeting with attorneys from the Texas Civil Rights Project, plaintiffs in the Cap Metro lawsuit and Judy Watford, Access Chair, to plan our strategy for the upcoming structured mediation.  I need to review some recent cases and discuss the latest propaganda from Cap Metro with other Transportation Committee members from the Austin Chapter of the NFBT.  I have given myself an absolute deadline of 8/8/08 for the launch of www.chairmanmal.com.  Missing that date, the same day the Olympic Games begin in BEIJING is not an option.  I owe it to Chen Guangcheng to begin when the eyes of the world are focused on China.  Enough for now, comrades: I need to buckle down to some serious volunteer work!

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home