Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big WindsBlow Our Minds

Howdy Comrades!

Earlier tonight,  wind at speeds of nearly sixty MPH blew through Austin and disturbed our dogs, not to mention old Chairman Mal.  Our German Shepard, Beau, was absolutely terrified and sought my protection, although he is not my Seing Eye dog.  I hugged and comforted him as best I could, but he would not rest until the winds subsided.  My own pet dog, Godiva, seemed to take things more in stride, although she stuck her head under my bed with only her butt and tail visible.  We also heard some brief hale, but I doubt we sustained any damage.  Radio reports indicated there were at least three deaths in Oklahoma tonight, perhaps more. 

Did anyone else experience something similar last night with their own critters?  I am convinced both of our dogs sensed real danger was a possibility.  I fear this storm is merely a hint of what may ensue this spring.

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home