Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Future Shock and Awe

Howdy Comrades!

The Inauguration of our first Afro American President has left me in a state of "future shock" and awe.  My childhood was spent in the 1960's, in Mobile Alabama, ground zero for some of the vilest kinds of discrimination and racism.  Like many older blacks I know, we never thought we'd live to see the day.  President Obama has now been in office for a week, and he's tried to win Republican support for the economic rescue package, only to be totally rejected by them.  Democrats will pass the legislation anyway, but I don't understand how Republicans can continue to espouse Bush economics after the peeps rejected it last November.  We can't fart around any longer about a stimulus package.  As I predicted in Blind Confidential many moons ago, "the country is going to hell in a hand basket at about warp nine."  We have to back the President or face total economic ruin.  I will finish two projects later this week and plan more blog activity once I've cleared the decks!

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home