Friday, January 02, 2009

No Trial for Chairman Mal!

Howdy Comrades!

I wish each of you a Happy New Year and best wishes for 2009.  I want to thank those of you who sent advice and information about my plan to enroll in a clinical trial to discover if any experimental therapy might help with the disturbing visual patterns I see in my central visual field.  R Frank suggested I avoid the genetic therapy because he predicted I would merely grow a third eye in the middle of my forehead, a remote possibility, but one that did result in several vivid nightmares.  Markee said the stem cell therapy would probably result in my soul going to hell, but Comrade Randy stated that should not be an issue because I am going to hell anyway! 

The issue is moot at this point because I was turned down for the clinical trial I found most promising, replacing damaged areas of my retinaes with stem cells combined with human growth factors.  Because of my thyroid, I was considered as "high Risk" unless a biopsy reveals no cancer.  I may apply again once the situation is resolved, assuming the nodules prove benign.

Again, thanks for your encouragement.  I will blog about more pleasant topics soon, but I felt a need to provide readers with the latest news about my ongoing eye trouble.

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peepers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home