Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgetting

Thanks-getting

My title reflects a perception that Thanksgiving, as well as the Holiday season it presages, has devolved into a capitalist celebration of excess rather than a day to count one’s blessings and express gratitude to our Creator for the gift of sentience.  That doesn’t mean I want to piss in your cheerios or denounce the traditional turkey dinner and family confab.  I just wish we could all focus more on what is really important in life, our ability to think and understand, our potential for becoming more than we are now, and the needs of others.  We do tend to focus too much on sales, stuffing ourselves and carrying on a rather hollow tradition that lacks meaning andprovides calories rather than sustenance.  I am thankful for the small number of readers who take the time to red what I write, and I hope you all have found something to rememger about this holiday.  Peace and long life to each and every one of you.

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps!

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home