Wednesday, November 07, 2007

CAPTCHA Excludes Blind Activists

Howdy Comrades!

Here’s what I wrote to

info@gopetition.com info@gopetition.com

On behalf of blind people who insist on inclusion with respect to the Internet.  I have also posted this message to the Blind Access Journal Discussion Group.  I could be mistaken, but I believe that the so-called “instant petition” offered by Go Petition is associated with Yahoo.  The Blind Access Journal has a CAPTCHA free petition for those of us who are tired of being excluded by Yahoo.  I will have more to say about the corrupt folks running Yahoo in a future post.

Hello Petition Help,

 

I am a blind human rights activist who has been trying to help to  Free human rights activist chen-guangcheng.  Because I use a screen reader to access your petition, I am unable to participate because signing your petition requires entering the characters in your CAPTCHA.  Be advised that screen readers cannot read these CAPTCHA's, excluding an entire class of people who want to help.  Your petition should have

An option to use an audio CAPTCHA or a way to get assistance without the discriminatory use of a CAPTCHA.  Please advise me and other blind activists on

how we can participate effectively with this cause.  Many blind people would be eager to sign a CAPTCHA free petition to help  chen-guangcheng.

Thank you for helping with this important issue.

PS:  For members of the Blind Access Group, here is the link to this petition:

Copy the following code to your site: 

<a href="

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/free-human-rights-activist-chen-guangcheng.

I will apprise readers of the Little Red Book of any response from the Go Petition folks.

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home