Monday, April 02, 2007

Booble Blocks Blog

Howdy Comrades!
My anger over being switched unwittingly to New Blogger and Google’s failure to upgrade Blogger for Word so that it’s compatible has gradually changed to a feeling of depression. I’ve made every effort to continue The Little Red Book using New Blogger, but either my technical skills are inadequate, or there is no way to use New Blogger with JAWS. Even with 8.0, JAWS will not reliably tell me when I’m in the appropriate edit field for entering the text of my post. Consequently, I’ve published titles without actual posts and deleted content I wanted to keep. I constantly get error messages from Blogger, and I am now getting error messages from JAWS as well.
I have contacted Dr. John Slatin of the Assistive Technology Institute at UT-Austin, but he’s overwhelmed with work on a grant proposal to the National Science Foundation in addition to his normal workload. I hope he will be able to use his connections with some of the wunderkinds at Google to just get them to switch me back to Old Blogger.
Until I can hook up with Dr. slatin, my posts will be hit or miss, depending on my hitting the correct frame in the New Blogger format. I am also exploring other Blog services, and I have purchased the domain name, chairmanmal.com through Go Daddy. If any of you in the community have suggestions, please contact me before I overdose on Zoloft!
Regards,
Chairman Mal
Power to the Peeps!

5 Comments:

Blogger Access Curmudgeon said...

You have both my sympathy and empathy.  The new Blogger is not an improvement, classic bait and switch.  It is enough to drive one to WordPress!

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sympathies too Mal! The same thing happened to me over at www.leongilbert.org, I was only just learning to blog and this stressful palaver was almost enough to lead to abandonment! Don't you Americans like to sue over things like this? Grin. Look forward to your next Chairman post. At least we know you're still alive! Take care & all the best, Leon Gilbert.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

3:24 PM  
Blogger TheBlindTech said...

ok don't laugh, but I use live journal, for one reason. it has a piece of software on the mac called journaler that allows me to post in an app on my mac. word on the streets is that it will even work with word press but haven't set up word press on my godaddy hosted linux server yet. so then, buy a mac and use journaler and you won't have to deal with all that jaws crap!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home