Friday, July 30, 2010

Chairman Mal's Digital Distraction

 

Howdy Comrades!

I failed the peeps in updating this blog with the latest Cap Metro horror stories.  The month of July has been replete with toil and trouble, but I have neglected my reporting because of two fairly good reasons/excuses.

First of all, after attending seemingly endless meetings about proposed changes to the paratransit program here in Austin, the last thing I want to do when I finally return to the BPP compound is to relive the nightmarish experience by writing about it.  Much of the time, I am so enervated that I must immediately take to my bed.  The next day, if yet another meeting is not on tap, I hate to ruin it by writing up stuff that will be traumatic or upsetting.

Actually, there's another more pertinent reason I've neglected the blog.  I finally received my digital talking book machine.  Talk about cool!  I have learned to download books from the BARD website and lost myself in books about cosmology, science fiction and some westerns now and then.  Reading a book takes the stress off of me in a big way, and it's so easy to read with the digital talking books.  There's no need to worry about twisted tapes, dirty heads and turning the damned tape over or changing the side selector switch.

I give you my mea culpa and promise to be less indulgent in August.

Regards,

Chairman Mal

Power to the Peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home